How to Register?
- Get Your Partner (or sign up as a single)
- Determine your BEST THREE days of week and/or times of day that you can play a match)
- Scroll down on this page and register!
Afraid of league commitment? This league is for you - in 2018 !! Problem solved - give us your best times to
play - your most flexible windows of time - and through the use of social media, website, text messaging and plain old help from the Copper Hill pro shop, we will help to set up your matches. Welcome to the modern golf league.
Changes for 2018
- we will be using GolfGenius to expedite updates to standings, introduce statistics
- all players will receive 80% of handicap.
- Playoffs updated : top 2/3 of the 2-man teams will make the playoffs, any team that makes the playoffs will have a shot at winning it all!
- League will begin in approximately the 3rd week in April
Register | Connect | Play
What do I need to do to join?
- After registering for the league, CONNECT WITH US in one or all of the following ways :
- join our closed Facebook group (we will send you an invite) to facilitate your need for a sub, the desire to be a sub, to communicate a change in your desired match date or time
- Not a Facebook guru? : provide us with your cell number to communicate by text
- Not a Facebook guru and don't text? : provide us with your email address
- Choose your THREE best match times (for example, Weds 4 to 6 pm, Sat 7-9 am etc.)
- Use of NCCGL specific social media groups to set up your matches
- Reduced Greens Fees for matches
- Cash payouts accumulate - from each match, distributed at season end
- end of year outing
How much does it cost to join the North Central Connecticut Golf League?
In joining the league there is a one time League Fee of $25 per player. Each round will have a tournament entry fee of $5.00 which will be used as accumulated winnings for the end of the given season half. All NCCT League players will receive reduced greens fees during matches. GHIN Handicap available as an optional $25 add-on.
Do I have to join the North Central Connecticut Golf League to play in events?
There are 3 ways you can be involved.
- Option 1: Full Member (You plan to play all or most regular season matches)
- Option 2: Permanent Sub (We contact you anytime a playing opportunity arises)
- Option 3: Walk In Sub (Walk In each week and ask to be placed in a match)
When do I play my rounds?
Each round you will be given the luxury of coordinating the match at your own convenience within the given week between you and your opponent at Copper Hill Golf Club. The matchups for each round will be posted on NCCT League social media outlets and the NCCT website. Signed scorecards are to be reported to pro shop for official results!
How many holes are the events?
Regular season Fourball matches will be 9 hole rounds.
A $5.00 tournament entry fee will be collected each official round. Payouts for each round will be accumulated and given out as cash at the end of each of the 2 season legs. All players are required to supply an email address so that we can communicate results.
Each 2 vs 2 match will consist of 3 available points. 2 individual match points and 1 team match point.
- A vs A (1 point)
- B vs B (1 point)
- AB vs. AB (1 point)
- All 80% Handicapped
How does my team WIN?
Approximately the top 2/3 of teams will make the playoffs at the end of the 16 weeks, and will be seeded according to their record for the season. If there are 24 teams, the top 16 teams will make the playoffs. Playoffs will be conducted like the NBA playoffs.... #1 vs #16, #2 vs #15, etc. in a round robin type match play grid.
How much can my team WIN?
This will depend upon the number of matches that are completed, and the number of teams in the league. For each match, the 4 players in the group will pay in $5 so each match should contribute $20 to the end of year payout, assuming that everyone contributes.
- You must have a USGA Handicap or submit 3 scores to pro shop before Day 1 for full members. Players will receive 80 percent of handicap.
- Full members or subs with no handicap and no history will receive 0 shots during first round.
- Second and third rounds full members or subs will receive 80% of their average history score over par.
- Fourth round for a full member or a sub will get 80% of their handicap
- By a fifth round, GHIN will assign a handicap.
There will be 16 rounds from start to finish, followed by playoffs. The top 2/3 of the total number of teams will make playoffs. For example, if there are 24 teams, teams 1 thru 16 will make playoffs and will face off in brackets similar to the NCAA, seeded #1 thru #16.
“Rule of 85” – following the lead of the CT Section PGA in their pro-ams, players may use the forward tees using the “rule of 85” – if age plus handicap is 85 or greater, the player may play the forward (gold) tees.
All other players will play white tees. There is no handicap adjustment if blues are chosen.