SUMMER FOOTGOLF LEAGUE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
5 week league begins July 12 6 PM REGISTER NOW
Kick Off with Foot Golf at Copper Hill
Now Open - Tuesdays 5:00 and after, Fridays 5:00 and later, Saturdays 4:00 and later. PHONE RESERVATION REQUIRED!
What is Foot Golf? Take a look here!
Regular Rates (per person)
|18 Holes (17 & under)||$12|
Group Rates (per person)
|13 - 24||$13|
|25 or more||$12|
|Soccer Team Special (Kids 17 and under)||$11|
|Birthday Party Special (Kids 17 and under) includes : 18 holes FootGolf Soccer Ball Pizza (2 slices per) Unlimited Fountain Soda Use of banquet room for 2 hrs||$18.50 per child|
(Note : players are allowed to bring their own ball)
(FootGolf Times Available Tues after 5, Fri after 5 and Sat after 4)
ALL AGES ! No Golf Skill or Soccer Skill Required.... just a few hours and a desire to have some fun!
Uses a soccer ball, an oversized hole, and each golf hole is converted into 2 footgolf holes, so you play 18 footgolf holes... in about 2 hours! Bring your own ball, or use one of ours. Rules are very similar to golf... just that the club is your foot!
Summer 2019 FootGolf League
- Fridays July 12, 19, 26, Aug 2, 9
- 2 Person Teams - Subs wanted!
- Match Play 2 v 2 and one individual
- Call 860-653-6191
- Minimum 8 players - $60 per player - multi player discounts includes season ending party!
What is FootGolf?
Footgolf is one of the fastest growing sports in the world and is a combination of the games of soccer and golf. The rules of FootGolf largely correspond to traditional golf with the primary goal of getting your ball (in this case, a regular size 5 soccer ball…..) into a 21” FootGolf cup in as few shots/kicks as possible.
Why a 21” cup? Used with a size 5 soccer ball, a 21” FootGolf cup represents the same ball-to-cup proportion as a golf ball to a golf cup!
Footgolf is integrated into golf courses to allow FootGolfers the opportunity to navigate the same course designs (more or less) and obstacles experienced by traditional golfers:
- Tee boxes
- Hazards (trees, water, stone walls, etc.)
- 18 holes of play
- FootGolf “drives” from the tee box and/or long shots from the fairway are generally taken with the “laces” or top of the foot (similar to shooting a soccer ball or kicking for distance).
- Shorter, more accurate FootGolf shots are taken with the instep (similar to passing a soccer ball).
- Most FootGolfers choose to putt with the sole of the foot/shoe with a rolling action (similar to a soccer kick-off) for added control and accuracy.
Where can I play FootGolf?
Starting on May 23, 2015, Copper Hill began hosting FootGolf on the Copper Hill Golf Course. There are now over 120 accredited golf courses in the United States that offer FootGolf and Copper Hill Golf Club is proud to have beene the first FootGolf course in Connecticut, and also proud to be an official member of the American Foot Golf League (AFGL).To this day we remain the only AFGL FootGolf course in Connecticut!
When can I start playing FootGolf at Copper Hill?
We will be doing a “soft launch” during mid-May. We expect that the course will be fully available by Friday May 29. Initially, FootGolf will be available from 5:30 PM to dusk on Tuesdays, 5:00 pm to dusk on Fridays, and 4:00 pm to dusk on Saturdays. During these times, players may play golf, but they will co-exist with FootGolfers.
Should I make a reservation (Tee Time) ahead of time?
Yes, we suggest calling the clubhouse (860-653-6191) or booking a “FootGolf” tee time online using the same tee time reservation system that golfers use at here. We accept tee times up to 30 days in advance.
What do I need to play?
Not much is really needed to play, the only thing you need to play FootGolf is a size 5 soccer ball, a pair of comfortable shoes (NO SOCCER/ATHLETIC CLEATS ARE ALLOWED ON THE COURSE!!!) and an appetite for fun! Soccer balls are available for rental.
How much does it cost to play FootGolf at Copper Hill?
All of our FootGolf rates can be on the Rates page.
How long does it take to play a round of FootGolf?
For a group of 3-4, the standard time to complete an 18 hole round of FootGolf is approximately 90 minutes (slightly faster than 9 holes of golf at Copper Hill)
How many people (FootGolfers) can play at a time in the same group?
The maximum group size in golf is 4, but with the pace of FootGolf being slightly faster than golf, Copper Hill will allow FootGolf groups of 2 to 6 players. While solo FootGolfers are also welcome to play Copper Hill, single players may be asked to join with another group of players to limit contention on the course.
Are there any FootGolf rules / regulations that I should be aware of?
Standard AFGL FootGolf rules/regulations:
- Make sure your ball is easy to identify and differentiate from others in your group or on the course
- Review the scorecard and wait for your turn. Make sure your kick will not interfere with other players
- Kick off your ball from a position up to two meters (6 feet) behind the tee markers
- The ball must be played in a single movement. You are not allowed to push the ball with the top or bottom of your foot.
- The ball must come completely to rest before playing your next shot. It is not legal to stop the ball from rolling (even when/if wind-aided)
- Play the ball from where it lies – you are not allowed to move the ball
- The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball.
- The order of play is established based on the score from the previous hole. The players with the best score will kick off first on the next hole followed by the second, etc.
- If the ball lands in a water hazard retrieve it, place on dry land within 2 steps from where the ball entered the hazard and receive a one stroke penalty.
- If the ball goes out of bounds and is unplayable, place it bak in play within 2 steps from where the ball left the fairway and receive a one stroke penalty.
Copper Hill Local Rules/RegulationsIMPORTANT ! Soccer cleats are strictly prohibited! We require all Footgolfers to wear indoor/turf soccer shoes or normal sneakers.
- Whenever possible, do not walk on the Golf Greens while playing FootGolf
- Formal golf or soccer attire is acceptable, but FootGolfers are encouraged to dress comfortably and tastefully. Tank tops, sleeveless shirts are not permitted. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Please refer to the FootGolf course map for the layout/routing of each hole
- Please be sure to keep up with the group in front of you. Groups falling behind our pace of play standard will be moved forward to recapture their position on the course.
What about hosting a FootGolf tournament or charitable event?
FootGolf outings can be held on Saturday afternoons. Please see our FootGolf Outings page.and can be highly profitable!
Check out the American FootGolf League (AFGL) website http://www.footgolf.net